ABOUT POST DIPLOMA IN INTERIOR DESIGN COURSE-
We also offer Post Diploma in Interior Design (PDID), a one year part time course, affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Education (MSBTE) Mumbai.
The curriculum intends the students to focus on self-thinking and self-study. The subtleties of design such Design philosophies, environmental aspects, and the practical aspects of the profession form the core content of the course. Additionally, electives such as, SET DESIGN and VISUAL DISPLAY DESIGN provide avenues of Allied Professions of Interior Design.
- Design Philosophy and Practices - Design philosophies put forward by Master Designers across the world, philosophies pertaining to Architecture and Interior Design such Vaastu and Fengshui; and the aspects of Professional Practice.
- Project Research and Design - An in depth study of any commercial/ institutional activity of the student’s choice along with the design solution is the intent of this subject.
- Environmental Interior design - Interior Design based on the environmental aspects of various climatic zones in India.
- Set Design - Introduction to a field with a wide range of application- Set Design for theatre plays, movies, reality T.V. shows, festive decorations, corporate events stage, marriage and other domestic events.
- Visual Display Design - Display design for various products including the window display design.
- Furniture Design - Introduction to furniture design and its manufacturing aspects.
- Product Design - Introduction to design innovation and manufacturing aspects of various products.