ABOUT DIPLOMA IN INTERIOR DESIGN COURSE
We offer Diploma in Interior Design & Decoration (DIDD) course – a two year full time Diploma affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Education (MSBTE) Mumbai.
The course provides students with knowledge, skills and training necessary to enter the Interior Design profession.
The course focuses on the acquisition of theoretical knowledge and skills related to the specialised demand of the profession of Interior Design. Specifically, the skills and knowledge that will support the research and execution of residential and commercial space planning, colour and materials selection, construction detailing and specifications are imparted. Emphasis is given on taking the curriculum to more on the practical level through various activities.
- Advance Interior Design - This is the continuation of the Core subject ‘Interior Design’, wherein the students are trained for designing various Commercial Interiors.
- Speciality Interior Design - Every student selects a commercial activity of his/her choice for research and design solution.
- Interior Working Drawing - This subject is the extension of the subject ‘Construction Techniques’.
- Secondary Services - Building services such as Air conditioning systems, Fire fighting and Security systems, LAN & Telecommunication systems are the contents of this subject.
- Interior Professional Practice - Aspects of the Interior Design Profession, i.e. material quantification & cost estimation, specification writing, tenders, ethical practices, office management systems, etc. form the contents of this subject.
- 3D CADD - Computer Aided Drawing and Design (3 dimensional drawings).
- Communication & Personality Skills - This subject is in continuation of the professional communication aspects taught in the First Year of this Course.
Students Contact Hours per week: 30 Hrs.
Theory & Practical periods of 60 minutes each.